Friday, July 29, 2016

JAI #322 Just add a colour combo


Hello there,
well this week has had some ups and downs. I got time to stamp, that was a good way to start but then my laptop was dying (really not good news). It did serve me well for five years. Although it's a bit sad that we consider that well and truly the lifetime for a computer I think! So it was time to move on and upgrade. Before everything got chaotic I managed to tackle this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Rochelle wants you to Just add a Colour Combo. Here are the colours.

These colours had a very sweet vintage vibe to me and I knew instantly I wanted to make a jar of flowers.


Once again the weather was not my friend when I was trying to get a decently lighted photo.



Just a few things to note here that are a little out of the ordinary. Firstly, I used the burlap textured stamp in the Jar of Love stamp set to 'kiss' the water fill stamp for the jar on the front to add in a lovely watery texture. Now you may have noticed the jar label and be scratching your head and saying 'That's not in the Jar of Love' set and you would be right! I used a framelit from the PL Cards and Labels set, cut a label then cut both ends a bit shorter and used a Chocolate Chip marker to doodle a border that matched the stamped jar lines and had the perfect space to stamp the sentiment.

Hope you join us this week. Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT projects!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Jar of Love, Gorgeous Grunge
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink: Blushing Bride, Sweet Sugarplum, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Everyday Jars framelits, Project Life Cards and Labels framelits, Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper, Subtles DSP stack, Early Espresso baker's twine (R), Venetian Crochet Trim (R), Sewing machine, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape

7 comments:

  1. This is totally gorgeous Kim! I love the effect of kissing your water stamp - I'll have to try it too. Love how soft the colours look here and your vintage layers and your created label looks amazing too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Kim! I love the effect you got on the label on the front of the card. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous card. I love this set. Can't wait to get back into the craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore this card, Kim. So soft and pretty and every little detail is just lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous Kim. So many beautiful layers and details...You know my birthday is not too far off..:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this could be my fave Jar yet, Kim. It's so pretty & full of all your signature gorgeous details. Thanks for sharing about the label (fab) & the texture. Great tips. I really need to get inky with Jars.
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim!
    Je viens de faire un lift de ta carte: elle est superbe!
    Voici le lien si cela t'intéresse: https://papierciseauxetcie.com/2017/06/03/exprime-ta-creativite-chaque-jour-grace-au-set-de-tampons-creativite-toujours/comment-page-1/#comment-4380

    J'ai fait un lien vers ton blog ;) afin que tous puissent découvrir ta créativité!

    Xoxo
    Sandrine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!